Currently reading…(when I get a free minute or two!)
- Teaching: notes from the front line by Dr Debra Kidd @DebraKidd
- Teach Like a Champion by Doug Lemov
- Made to Stick: Why some ideas take hold and others come unstuck by Chip Heath & Dan Heath
- Fires In The Mind; What kids can tell us about motivation and mastery by @KathleenCushman
- Leading Practice and Managing Change in the Mathematics Department by Sue Johnston-Wilder & Clare Lee
- An Ethic of Excellence; Building a Culture of Craftmanship with Students by Ron Berger – A great read and good for those needing inspiration for project based learning
- Lean in; Women, work and the will to lead by Sheryl Sandberg – I too was sceptical but it’s suitable for men too!
- The Lazy Teacher’s Handbook by Jim Smith
- Mindset; How we can fulfil our potential by Carol S. Dweck Ph.D.
- Inside the black box; Raising standards through classroom assessment by Paul Black & Dylan Wiliam
- Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell
- The Perfect Ofsted Lesson by Jackie Beere
- The Elephant in the Classroom by Jo Boaler
- Learning and Teaching Mathematics Without a Textbook by Mike Ollerton
- Fermat’s Last Theorem by Simon Singh
- Oops! Helping children learn accidentally by Hywel Roberts
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey.
- The Simpsons and Their Mathematical Secrets by Simon Singh
- The Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell
- Bad Ideas? by Robert Winston
- The essential guide to lesson planning by Dr Leila Walker (particularly useful for PGCEs & NQTs)
- 100 Ideas for Secondary Teachers by Ross Morrison McGill @TeacherToolKit
- How the Simpsons Have Secretly Been Teaching you Math (motherjones.com)